Lemon Garlic Chicken
One-pot meals like this lemony-garlic chicken with rice and vegetables make for a simple weeknight meal.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 Tbs margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- Melt margarine in large non-stick skillet. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until light brown. Add garlic and cook briefly.
- Add water, uncooked rice, bouillon cubes, and juice from one lemon half. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower; continue cooking 5 minutes or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- Cut remaining lemon half into slices and use for garnish.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 60 (18%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.