Baja Style Fish Tacos with Onion Mango Salsa
No need to leave the kitchen—one bite of these fish tacos and you'll be transported to the coast of Mexico.
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into narrow wedges
- 4 frozen, breaded white fish fillets (or 8 breaded fish sticks)
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup slivered, red or green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs mashed chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 large, crisp taco shells
- Place onion wedges and frozen fish fillets on a baking sheet and bake at 425˚F for 18 to 20 minutes, or as directed on packaging.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine mango, bell pepper, cilantro, and lime juice. In another bowl, mix sour cream with chipotle chiles.
- To serve, place a fish fillet into each taco shell. Mix roasted onion wedges with the mango combination and spoon 1/2 cup into each fish taco. Top with the chipotle-sour cream.
- Serve with salad, rice, and/or black beans, if desired.
Calories from Fat 150 (50%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.